Crane testing with water bags or other weights or fixed load points is an ideal application for the Straightpoint range of load cells. Our Radiolink plus or Wireless shackle load cells used in parallel with our wireless data logging packages testing can be performed at a safe distance and all dynamic and static forces logged for later analysis and client approval.
What equipment is tested?
At the most basic level this could be any equipment or structure that lifts, holds, supports or resists a load. Typically the item will have a rated WLL, as mentioned previously.
Here are some non-exhaustive examples:
- Bollard pull tests
- Tug tests
- Crane tests (using water bags, block weights)
- Pad eye or fly point tests
- Crash barrier tests
- Lifting equipment tests (slings, chains, wire rope, hooks)
- Construction equipment tests (shoring columns, Acrow props, lintels)
- Lifting and spreader beam tests
- Hydraulic cylinder load tests
Some of those items will be proof tested in tension, for example, slings, chains, wire rope and cranes, while others will be tested in compression, for example, Acrow props, spreader beams and hydraulic cylinders.
Radiolink plus | Data Logging Software | Wireless Load Shackle | Proof Test plus software