SP recommended load cell calibration frequency
Calibration interval should not exceed 12 months.
The frequency of calibrations should be determined by the user of the load cell based on the following factors:
- Frequency of use
- Severity of service conditions
- Nature of loading
- Experience gain using other similar products in same application
Once these factors are established the user may then establish the calibration frequency:
- Normal use – calibration every 12 months
- Severe use – calibration monthly to quarterly
- Special service – as recommended after consultation with SP engineering team and user.
A written record of the most recent periodic inspection shall include the condition of the load cell.
These guidelines fall in-line with ASME and LOLER recommendations.