Calibration interval should not exceed 12 months.
The frequency of calibrations should be determined by the user of the load cell based on the following factors:
- Frequency of use
- Severity of service conditions
- Nature of loading
- Experience gain using other similar products in same application
Once these factors are established the user may then establish the calibration frequency:
- Normal use – calibration every 12 months
- Severe use – calibration monthly to quarterly
- Special service – as recommended after consultation with SP engineering team and user.
A written record of the most recent periodic inspection shall include the condition of the load cell.
These guidelines fall in-line with ASME and LOLER recommendations.